Iran Visa is a legal document which allows someone to travel to Iran and stay here for a specific period of time. Iran visa issues at the Embassies, Consulate Generals or Interest Bureau of I.R Iran overseas after having authorization (reference) number from Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or, in some cases, at the international airports in Iran.
According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), Visitors to Iran must obtain a visa from one of the Iranian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or countries eligible for visa on arrival. All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months and 2 blank pages. This visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days with option of Extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue.
Due to the new regulations, starting on September 23rd 2011, all visa applicants, along with other required documents, must enclose the proof of an adequate medical travel insurance coverage from Iranian or Foreign Insurance Agents to allow smooth processing of their application.
How to Apply For Iran Tourist Visa?
Through a Travel Agency (Agency Visa Support)
The most common and the safest way to obtain Iran Visa for almost all foreigners who want to visit Iran. Following steps are needed to obtain Iran Visa should you use Apply Iran Visa (AIV) website.
- Fill the application form online or download, fill and send the PDF form of Iran Visa application.
- Submit or mail a color scan of your passport’s first page.
- Wait to receive authorization number for your visa issued by MFA of I.R. Iran from AIV.
- Refer to Iran Embassy, General Consulate or Interest Bureau indicated in the form.
- Pay your visa stamp fee.
- Collect the visa in your passport.
- Pay us.
What you’ll pay as visa stamp fee is different from your payment to your Travel Agent.
- All types of Iran issued visa can be extended once you are in Iran on the basis of justifiable reasons and approval of the mentioned Bureau.
- Foreign Aliens Affairs Department of Passport and Immigration Police is in charge of Iran tourist visa extension.
- Almost all nations can hold Iran visa except Israel passport holders.
- Despite public concept, having some countries Visa such as Israel in your passport doesn’t mean 100 % Iran visa rejection.